Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My lonely cave

Ever notice that the times you most need the support of your friends is also the times you least want to be around anybody? Why is that?? We would be much better off being with people, the ones who know us and care for us regardless of how sad, cranky, unlovable we're feeling. For me, the bigger the failure I feel I am, the less I want to be around my friends. Seems like I've been here before, and it sure is old and annoying to me... must be to them too, right? "Oh crap! There's Melanie dragging her luggage behind that's WAAYYYY over the weight limit!"

"I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1

Thank you Lord, for being my help, the lifter of my head. When I want to hide away in my lonely cave, You bring Your love to me through friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment